News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

Gaming Headphones!

Started by SK_CROW, March 14, 2007, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK_CROW

Hey I wanted to know what everyone is using for their headphones.  I keep breaking mine so I will need to get a new one.  Post your make and model and give your opinions.  I want a high quality one...like this one..... ;)

SK_CROW

Doesn't anyone use headphones anymore?

Balaso

March 18, 2007, 02:28:07 PM #2 Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:04:57 PM by Balaso
I use a plantronics audio 350 but I am horrible on headsets. It has the vinyl ear cushion covers, but I actually prefer the foam. The vinyl makes my ears sweat a little. I have used logitec, but hated every model I bought of them. I have enjoyed the plantronics a lot.  
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

MuffDiver

I actually just ordered a pair of Pro Pyle this weekend.. was looking at some open air but wasn't sure.  

I currently have Phillips SBC HN110 active noise canceling, decent but the plastic is breaking on one side.  I will let you know about my el cheapo pyle headphones I just ordered after I get them.  Froogle headphones and you will find some sweet sets under $100.
A+,Net+,MCP
Alpha Geek
Premier P.O.S.

"six munths ago I cudn't even spel manejir, now I is one!"

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass ov

MuffDiver

Quick update for ya....

I got some PPHmso Headset with boom mic.  works pretty nice and the sound isn't bad either.  But, the over the ear muffs don't fit around my ears they fit on my ears, so that gets annoying, would rather have larger muffs, but they were only $24 with shipping (13+8 S&H+3 xtrafee.  good for a cheap pair, but I would pony up a few more to get a more comfy pair.  Untill then these aren't bad, and great for travel if you don't get it with the mic.
A+,Net+,MCP
Alpha Geek
Premier P.O.S.

"six munths ago I cudn't even spel manejir, now I is one!"

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass ov

SK_CROW

Larger muffs for the Muffdiver...lol.  Thanks for the info guys. ;)  

Impolite

I use 2 different sets at the moment.  One is a Medusa 5.1 headset.  It sounds great, gives excellent positional audio, and is probably the most comfortable set of cans I have had for extended sessions.  It has an external amp that can drive two sets of cans for someone to share the experience with as well.  Great bass, but also very musical.  The treble and mids are clear and defined.  The problems with this headset are twofold.  The first is that I have found the analog mic to be fairly mediocre.  The pickup is not great and even worse, the swivel joint that holds them to the headset became worn over time and now lets the mic drift slowly downward instead of holding it in position in front of your mouse.  I finally gave up and just started using the mic on my webcam, which is digital and actually works pretty well once I get it working (it has an annoying tendency to not be visible to ventrilo at first bootup).  The headset mic I now fold back out of the way.  The second issue is that the phones are VERY susceptible to interference from cell or cordless phones.  If those are often in use around you, these are not the cans for you.

Because of the interference, I invested in a second set of cans for gaming.  They are the Sennheiser HD280's.  I like them quite a bit, my only complaint is that they are much tighter than the Medusa's, so they are not as comfortable after a few hours.  Sound is excellent, though.