News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

sK Server!

Started by HUD, November 30, 2005, 09:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUD

Hey I had a great time playing with all of your on "our" server last night! It makes teamplay way more fun when you know the guys you are working with (or shooting at). I found myself running out of my way to bring Blitz some healthpacks or to try and put c4 on the tank that Cookie was in. Good times! Hell, I even got a silver medal and for those of you that have played CS with me, then you know what an accomplishment that is.

sK_Cookie

lol hud, your funny man, and yes last night rock.  I had more fun playing bf2 lastnight than I have had playing any game in a long time.

Fallen

should i start playing again?

E.J.FUDD

yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

Fallen

i dont play swg :( and why you have 2 rankings in your sig sir?

E.J.FUDD

December 03, 2005, 08:39:19 AM #5 Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 09:15:04 PM by SK_CROW
cause i am that mf bad
yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

Blitzkrieg

Imp n I are quite glad that everyone is enjoying the server.  We, too, have been having fun with it.

We are sad to say, though, that we are not being allowed to do the things we wanted to do with the server.  Our entire premise for getting a server of our own was to have the ability to dictate when, how many, and who was playing on the server at any given time.  And to allow us a place to go to do our dogfighting, chopper practice, restricted weapons....wutever.  Due to its "ranked" status, these features are not available per EA (according to our provider).  We unfortunately have very little control over it, other than the ability to clear slots manually, change maps, and a few very minor settings.  Neither me nor Impolite are ready to continue paying the "ranked" rates for a server with so little control.  The server is always friggin full (as you all are well aware, I'm sure) so none of you can enjoy it during the day when Imp n I are at work, and we have no way of locking it down or reserving slots so we don't have to be around to clear slots all the time.  So, essentially, we're paying for a full time server that everyone EXCEPT sK people get to enjoy for all but the 3-5 hours per night that Imp or I are around to open slots up.  We don't find this acceptable and would rather fund ourselves an unranked server (roughly half the cost) for our "fun" (that we can lock down for our own dogfighting wars or wutever nonsense we come up with) and do our stat/rank building on pub servers.

To sum it up a bit, unless there are enough people here willing to contribute to keep the ranked server up ($64/month), it'll be going offline on or around Dec 29th.  This has already been unsuccessfully attempted for an sK BF2 server, so I don't particularly expect this server to survive.  We will of course continue to enjoy it until it goes away, and will resume our "pubing" when the server goes away.  We will be looking into an unranked server, but no promises on this untill prolly after the first of the year.

We appologize for going into this ranked server thing with such high expectations.  None of the limitations are/were advertised or made known to us when we ordered the ranked server.  The restrictions have been made more and more clear to us as time has gone by.  Had we known then what we know now, this server never would have been.  So, all, enjoy while its still up!!     :D

Catchyall later.
Blitz

E.J.FUDD

Balaso

An unranked server is better for fun and practice anyway. That way scewing around doing fun stuff, or practicing something new doesn't hurt your global stats. I'm all for an unranked server and would be glad to chip in a little for it. I can't do a whole lot, my extra cash goes towards keeping the sK site going, but I can be counted on to give a little.
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

Torch

hi all good to see yall...im still playing RvS but not very often but id drop by to play if yall do get it...pfff i might even pitch in with a dollar or two! :P

sK_Cookie

balaso about the site we need to speak,  I have an idea you might like and cut the cost for you.  

Blitzkrieg

Quotehi all good to see yall...im still playing RvS but not very often but id drop by to play if yall do get it...pfff i might even pitch in with a dollar or two! :P
if we get it?  its already up!! been up!!  but we're talkin about let'n it drop in favor of a cheaper unranked cuz we just don't have the control we want over a ranked server....  get with the program here.... =D

Blitz

Torch

damnit blitz you and your being current with the info....

lol srry i realized it after the post