News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

How many still playing BF2?

Started by Blitzkrieg, November 16, 2005, 02:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitzkrieg

Curious.  Imp & I have picked up the game and Nightbane seems to be enjoying the demo and will be upgrading to retail in the semi-near future.  Just wonderin how many sk'ers we have still playin the game.

Of you who used to play, but no longer do, if we had a dedicated, ranked sK server, would you return to the game?  If I'm not mistaken, BFD had one at some point (its in the servers section), but not being able to connect, I'm assumint its no longer active.

Anywho..... I'm lookin for a little bit of a headcount here i guess....

Blitz

crypticknight

i have it, but i havent played it since the first week of release

all my time is well spent in WoW as where your's should be :)

Blitzkrieg

LOL....  MY time in WOW??!!  I think that's not at all likely....  SWG, my first MMORPG experience, has been totally wrecked from the ground up with this last change.  I will be giving the NGE a shot this weekend, but the future of my accounts does not look good.  I will also likely be shifting a good portion of those funds into BF2 anyway, so the likelihood of joining WoW is more like an UNliklihood.

Thanks for the reply tho bud!!  Good to see ya!!

Blitz

Balaso

I will play it, I have the retail...
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

E.J.FUDD

welcom to my shop....

let me cut your mop....

YOUR SO NEXT...your so next...

ya, been waitin for you guys to catch up wit cookie and i
yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

HUD

I'll play with you guys when my new rig arrives. The 10 minute load times were enough to lose my interest. I got a couple promotions, but I only played for a few weeks. hudmanusa on xfire

FourScience

It's my #1 game. I even got 2GB of RAM and a 74GB Raptor so my load times are sane.

I play frequently with my best buddy DigitalGeneral*****. I'll close to catching Fudd's global score too. :ph34r:  

Blitzkrieg

good to see a few people still playing.....

I'm lookin forward to getting some time in this weekend!! See y'all online!!

Blitz

Nightbane

HMMM someone has something new... hehehehe. no more DEMO!!!!!

"His mission is imperial thats why i CANT shoot 'em ya f*** head" - BLitz

crypticknight

MuffDiver

I play.... I am around here and there. I bee on sunday durring the day
A+,Net+,MCP
Alpha Geek
Premier P.O.S.

"six munths ago I cudn't even spel manejir, now I is one!"

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass ov

Jackson

Hey everyone if I can catch you on Xfire I'll hop into whatever server you're in. Has anyone looked at ranked server costs? It's like $5 a slot (I think...)and the min slots I figure would by 32 people.  32 X 5 = ~$160 Yikes... :o

hmmm... Thought there were more of us playing BF2.

Anyone getting or have gotten the Special Forces expansion?

FourScience

QuoteHey everyone if I can catch you on Xfire I'll hop into whatever server you're in. Has anyone looked at ranked server costs? It's like $5 a slot (I think...)and the min slots I figure would by 32 people.  32 X 5 = ~$160 Yikes... :o

Yeah, I don't want or need my own ranked server. Let's just leech off others.

As for SF, I think I will get it, EVENTUALLY, and mostly because it might involve extra unlocks in BF2, which I am NOT sure about how it works yet.

Jackson

Looking around on the BF2 site and came across the BF2 Combat Tour of Duty ladder. Anyone intrested in this?

BF2 Combat Page

Blitzkrieg

QuoteHey everyone if I can catch you on Xfire I'll hop into whatever server you're in. Has anyone looked at ranked server costs? It's like $5 a slot (I think...)and the min slots I figure would by 32 people.  32 X 5 = ~$160 Yikes... :o

Imp & I have already ordered our own 16-slot ranked server.  Unfortunately, the hosting company is dorkin around and hasn't got our server up yet.  We're hoping today, but whenever we get the info we'll bring it to y'alls attention.

*cough* donations are welcome *cough cough*

Yeah....we had a hard time finding a reasonably priced ranked server.  Since EA is still holding the ranking system proprietary, the prices will likely remain at current levels for the ranked servers.  It sux, but it is wut it is.

Blitz