News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

Question

Started by SK_GodlyMike, July 03, 2007, 02:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK_GodlyMike

Hi all, sorry a little new here and just wondering.

Was checking out the gametracker and the sk forums for cs players. If i am stepping on toes asking silly questions or using wrong channels to communicate, you can slap me with a sledgehammer and call me sally (you can delete this if this is inappropiate to the forum and let me know how to raise queires on proper channels).

Anyway, the gametracker shows like the past 24 hours like 2 players online, which to my recollection usually maps like CS would be fun if they had 24 players or more. But then again its password protected plus its an old game.

I checked the forum and the last post was Oct 2006. It seems to have inactivity and not enough usuage of the server.

Which in the end becomes quite a waste if you know what i mean. I am not sure whats the history, could have been more usually and on the weekends but was thinking if there arent that many members playing CS these days, can we use the server for better purpose?

Or is specifically only for CS and CS only? Does it support other games? Can members at least store files in there? Can we use the server to host anything else? or Support any clan enhancement modules?

Or remove the password, set admin settings to filter out idiots every now and then or keywords, and make it public and use that to advertise Shadow Knights.

Just my 2 cents. I suppose at the end of the day of course it depends on the clan direction. If it wishes to remain as a closed community, then this is the step, but if it wants market share, there sure to be headaches along the way but an increase of activity.

As we all hate idiots and theres so many idiots out there in the cyberworld, but when theres inactivity and resources under utilized, then maybe there is a need to look into it.

Okay enough talking out of my ass. Bleh. Back to games hehehe.
And let your best be for your friend. If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also. For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill? Seek him always with hours to live.
Kahlil Gibran

Balaso

July 03, 2007, 03:17:44 AM #1 Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:18:30 AM by Balaso
Actually the server is public. It started as a closed server, but went pub a while back. I have been tossing around the idea of canceling it, but every time I do, all of a sudden we start playing again. The idea is still being kicked around...
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

SK_GodlyMike

Yeah, arent we all unpredictable. Keep on kicking.

Question: Do alot of people still play CS these days? I would think the market share has gone to the MMOG arena like Quake: Enemy terrority, WOW, Eve Online etc, even lords of the ring (which i think is a flop). Or that new game coming warhammer fantasty MMOG style.

Gotta keep evolving or die like the rest.
And let your best be for your friend. If he must know the ebb of your tide, let him know its flood also. For what is your friend that you should seek him with hours to kill? Seek him always with hours to live.
Kahlil Gibran

E.J.FUDD

i have steam loaded but my game rig sits beside me gather dust waiting for .... yes....

the falicy of taking your hobby to a business.... bah.

and people that pass away while scuba diving, i feel should not affect me. that is all.

now i will shoot you with a crappy hp 64x without a "real" invidia card...
i will probly have to shoot you repeatively due to the lag....but yea i log, once upon a time.
yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

Balaso

QuoteOr is specifically only for CS and CS only? Does it support other games? Can members at least store files in there?
Good point there, I am waiting to see how many people pick up COD 4 when it comes out. If enough of us pick it up (i know I am) I should be able to roll the CS server over to a COD server fairly easily.
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

Blitzkrieg

Quoteand people that pass away while scuba diving, i feel should not affect me. that is all.
Sorry bud, but I couldn't help but LOL at that one!!  |)

Back on topic, Impolite and myself take up some CS now and then, though only on our server when there's more than just the two of us typically.

Blitz