News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

Time for new Card.

Started by Nightbane, February 23, 2007, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightbane

The time has come, and ill be getting a new video card. I need to stay under $230. I would look myself, but im not sure what to look for. I might also need to find a new MOBO for a decent price, as im sure ill have to convert to PCIX. Any help is wonderfully appreciated. Thanks!!

"His mission is imperial thats why i CANT shoot 'em ya f*** head" - BLitz

Nightbane

February 23, 2007, 02:22:29 PM #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 02:23:13 PM by Nightbane

Impolite

The x1950 Pro is faster, but you would probably need to upgrade your PSU.  It's a serious power hog.  I'd go with the 7800 GS.

Nightbane

i have a 600W power supply.

MuffDiver

ATI cheaper, but Nvidia is top dog on performance-but you pay for it.  balance the bang for the buck.  ATI isn't a bad way to go anymore.  I hate ATI but last time I bought a new card I got the ATI because I couldn't deny the value of the card.

I got an ATI as a replacemnet for my nvidia card, and this card rocks.  but if money were no object I would probaly go with nvidia.  ATI hasn't done much since AMD bought them.  NVIDIA just running away with the top performance marks.
A+,Net+,MCP
Alpha Geek
Premier P.O.S.

"six munths ago I cudn't even spel manejir, now I is one!"

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass ov

Nightbane

well. i have to wait on my gift card to get here and ill be getting the 7800 GS.