News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

Mobo's

Started by Balaso, February 23, 2007, 09:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaso

February 23, 2007, 09:22:10 AM Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:38:58 AM by Balaso
Hey, what are your guys opinion of biostar mobo's?

Other brand recommendations?

Also, what about the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.20GHz processor or others in that series?

Current Desktop specs:
P4 2.8 with the old 500FSB
Asus p4s8x Mobo
Radeon 9600 256MB
200 GB, 100 MB/s, 8 MB Cache, 7200 RPM

It is a decent running PC but rather outdated and definatly LONG out of being a good gaming machine. I want to slowly buy components and build sometime down the road. Don't need and can't afford hi-end, but want to modernize a little. Want a full upgrade, just will take time to get it.

I prefer NVIDIA cards, and want to go SATA for my next HD. I think I want to start with a new MOBO & HD, then later pick up processor, and finally vid card. Once I have everything, I will build a new box.
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

E.J.FUDD

the three biostars i have had lived and died as a work horse....

the abits and asus well i have them collecting dust...and collectively not ever gotten em up and running.

but the biostars, i purchased these for my twins, back in 2000, one with onboard raid (one of the first offered) and smoked for many years...

they are still good to run, cept i have 1.4 athlon in em and nothing else as per vid card ect...

yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

crypticknight

biostar isn't that bad...just stay away from pc chips.

i bought an ecs board for 33.00 lol..and its working great for my grandfather. seems to be pretty good...    

MuffDiver

I have become a fan of EPOX, MSI, and ASUS.  Avoid PC CHips like plauge, dodge ECS, and a word of caution about Abit.  

A+,Net+,MCP
Alpha Geek
Premier P.O.S.

"six munths ago I cudn't even spel manejir, now I is one!"

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass ov