News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

NEW CS:Source Server.

Started by Balaso, April 17, 2005, 01:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaso

We have a new CS:Source server! Please join us @ 70.84.21.36:27041
Please note the port number is NOT the standard port. Make sure you put the correct one. We will be getting all the sK membes setup with admin and will be adding maps to the rotation. For now the maps are standard issue cs maps.

We also have server stats which can be found at the link below.
Server stats: http://65.103.113.159/~u_css_pb_376hls/

Please, join us on the server. Contact me if there are any server problems or questions.
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

E.J.FUDD

woohoo...is this all your doing o great fellow texan???
yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

Balaso

rgr, as usual, I got tired of dealing with idiots on servers and not being able to do anything about it. Now that I see enough people playing again, I don't mind paying for a server. I'm setting up maps now so email me any suggestions to:
admin<AT>balaso.com
(replace <AT> with @)

I will also be setting up admin. I have the admin list from the old server so I should have everyones steam id's already.

FourScience

((cries))

Balaso I love you!!!! Not in a joking/passing way, no, I truly love this man!!! :lol:

I'm so happy we have a server server server!

Yeah last night we were called a cheating clan, and I earlier that evening got banned off another server at which I had become a regular.

And good choice with HLStats, I think they show accuracy unlike PsychoStats with Source.

Btw I invited Bri Rock to join sK CSD and sent him the same info Jeebus shared with me when I joined. If there's anyone I need to contact about that please let me know but otherwise I'll be his point of contact in his recruitment period.
Thanks so much for the server!
-4 :ph34r:  

Blitzkrieg

Woot Woot!!  Balaso has selected quite a stable server....  played on it for a big chunk of the weekend (since its been ours) with not a single crash or disconnect.  The map selection also provides for keeping it interesting....

Gahh I love having our own server again....  Y'all need to kill foursci more!! He's getting entirely too close to my spot on the rankings and he seems to be quite resistant to my hacks!!  hehe....

THANKS B!!!  *kissie kissie*

Blitz

kool-beans

su hu hu weet!!! im gonna come on and play alot more now.. specially with the stats

Sometimes you look for the wrong answers in the right place, and the right answers in the wrong place. Either way; im neither place, so dont ask.

Balaso

QuoteI'm setting up maps now so email me any suggestions to:
admin<AT>balaso.com
(replace <AT> with @)

I'm bumping this part of one of my post. Please send me maps you want to play.

Impolite, I would really like some suggestions from you. I know your not too wild about the custom ones, so please let me know what you like so I can hook you up.

Everyone, please, let me know if I am missing your favorite maps so I can install them.

Still cant get fy_kingofthehill.bsp to work, keeps crashing the server. As soon as I have it fixed I'll add it.  

Flu

April 18, 2005, 06:17:58 PM #7 Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 11:56:19 PM by Flu
be careful about too many customs.
maybe have them ON the server.. but not in the regular rotation.

too many customs can really hurt the server in getting regular members playing.

*edit*

where is the server located as well?
QuoteOriginally posted by: SK_CROW
go flames go!

Impolite

April 19, 2005, 03:52:39 PM #8 Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 04:00:05 PM by Impolite
QuoteI'm setting up maps now so email me any suggestions to:
admin<AT>balaso.com
(replace <AT> with @)

I'm bumping this part of one of my post. Please send me maps you want to play.

Impolite, I would really like some suggestions from you. I know your not too wild about the custom ones, so please let me know what you like so I can hook you up.

Everyone, please, let me know if I am missing your favorite maps so I can install them.

Still cant get fy_kingofthehill.bsp to work, keeps crashing the server. As soon as I have it fixed I'll add it.
Of the custom maps I find I enjoy Mindmaze, 16Fighter, paintball, 1337_Assault_11ntybillion or whatever it is with the glass windows in the warehouse roof and the snipe roost above the warehouse... Ask blitz for it, he knows which one I'm talking about.  There's a multi-level glass floor map that blitz was telling me about with snipe towers around it that also sounded fun.  Then, most of the normal maps are good.  Office, prodigy, aztec, italy, dust2, chateau, etc.  Compound can be fun with a certain number of people.  Rats is great fun for low grav shottie wars.  The pistolsX maps are good...  

Here's what I don't like: Maps that are laggy(like that ak-colt map or even dust), maps that are grossly one-sided(normal cs_assault), and maps that rely very little on skill or tactics (like awp map with no chance to get cover before the shooting starts).

Oh, de_train also falls on my do not play list because of the ridiculous number of campsites.  If the t's have half a clue on that map, the ct's have no chance.

Also, seeing that Blitz is replying to this post three feet from me, I must add that he is a fag.

Blitzkrieg

Gah...Imp is such a whiner....cheese anyone?  You are a high-maintenance biatch Imp!!   :D

I think the glass tower map that Imp mentioned is called Glass_Tower, but don't quote me on that till I have a chance to check my maps folder.

I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta agree with Flu on that point.  Hadn't thought about that particular point.  Thus far, I think we have had pretty decent pub traffic on the nights I've been on and could actually hurt our chances at establishing regulars (potential recruits?) if we leave the map rotation to include the customs.

Blitz

Balaso

actually, reviewing the logs, it's seems it's the custom maps that got people to join. However, like Flu said, not all the maps are going on the rotation. They will be on the server so they can be accessed by the admins at will.

Nightbane

w00t! server time!!!! i checked this morning before i left for school, i think there were three pubbers on!!!!

"His mission is imperial thats why i CANT shoot 'em ya f*** head" - BLitz

Flu

Ok sweet.

On train.. we have to have it in the regular rotation, because it will be a CAL map (one of the main ones) and we will have to be good at playing it.

Eventually SK wants to compete in leagues do we not?
QuoteOriginally posted by: SK_CROW
go flames go!

Nightbane

wow you have missed alot...

"His mission is imperial thats why i CANT shoot 'em ya f*** head" - BLitz

FourScience

April 20, 2005, 12:50:07 PM #14 Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 12:53:49 PM by FourScience
QuoteY'all need to kill foursci more!! He's getting entirely too close to my spot on the rankings and he seems to be quite resistant to my hacks!!  hehe....
I would be much closer but playing all those custom maps shows how reliant I am on map tactics! Just look at your event history and notice how much I show up: http://65.103.113.159/~u_css_pb_376hls/hls...istory&player=2
Pretty back and forth...

Regardless, I can DEFINITELY say that playing with sK members again makes for a harder gameplay experience, overall.

Yeah, custom maps DO pull in people. Guys see a map they like and search for servers that have it. There's at least a couple in the rotation that don't belong though.

League play? Yeah Flu we should do that this summer (between semesters is good!). Bri Rock, our newest recruit, is an excellent match player. Darn thing is, while he is at school his ResNet gives him a horrible 600 ping when connecting to CS servers not on the standard 27015 port (ours is 27041). So, come summer, I think league play will be considered.