News:

Why yes, yes it is still online!
-Balaso

HELP!

Started by HUD, September 14, 2006, 09:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUD

My home PC has been acting completely shitty the last few weeks. I am at a complete loss to explain what's going on. When you get online, pages will take minutes to load, as if I was on free netzero dial up or something. I have Comcast cable and I usually get about 3-4 megs down. Sometimes, when you click a link or enter a site, it will zoom right over like you would expect broadband to do. But, most of the time, it's like dial up. My instincts led me to spyware/virus check. I am currently running scans with Ewido, Spybot, and Adaware. I have spyblaster running in the background...supposedly stopping the baddies. I have Avast for anitvirus. I have tried running all the scanners at once, scanning in safe mode, scanning with internet disabled.....now I am at a loss. I have also tried CCcleaner and Hijackthis. I surf with firefox and I even set it to limit cookies to the original site only.

I don't get to use this PC much. I'm sure you all have noticed that I am not playing games much anymore. But, the machine runs apps at normal rates. I use it for audio production and I haven't notice a drop off in performance there at all. It's only the internet connection. Tonight, I ran the speed tester from dslreports, and it scored like 2.6Mb down but scored about normal on uploads. WTF!? It really is getting netzero speeds!

I'll paste my hijackthis report from safe mode. The only weird thing I can see are my wife's yahoo and aol games she plays, but I wouldn't think that those would be malicious. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am considering a reformat at this point. But, I really really don't want to do that quite yet because it would take all weekend to get all my audio software back on here.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:39:49 PM, on 9/14/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Hudson.HUD\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nTrayFw] C:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\bin\nTrayFw.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ASUS Probe] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Asus Probe\AsusProb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\npjpi150_05.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nvappfilter.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.line6.net
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_2.1.1.74.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/...b?1157162194787
O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_...outLauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} - http://aolsvc.aol.com/onlinegames/popinsan...aploader_v7.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe" -k runservice (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA - C:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\bin\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - NVIDIA - C:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\bin\nSvcLog.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: WMP54Gv4SVC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter\WLService.exe" "WMP54Gv4.exe (file missing)

Balaso

QuoteC:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter\WLService.exe" "WMP54Gv4.exe (file missing)
Do you have a Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter ? This file needs to be in place for the adapter to connect to routers and gateways correctly.
MURPHEY'S LAW: Anything that can go wr...+\#&\% Bus Error -- Core Dumped

E.J.FUDD

go to panda, most of the scans except one where low level scans, for the smaller baddies...  just in case, you shouldnt have so many unknown winsock files unless you can relate that to the forceware ...and what is that btw?: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\NVIDIA~1\NETWOR~1\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe" -k runservice
there is a file missing...
as well as reloading the linksys if you still using that.

outside of that, chase it out of your box and down the lines...perhaps it your modem, ...case in point..westel had a certian modem box, they decide to auto up date it using only port 8080...which is the port messengers use (msn) well took forever to figure that one out..

what you have are alot of variables ,

do you have another computer in the house...is its up/down and application usage ok.running the par... this would help rule out outside hardware and take you to the box internal.

you know your box is stacked and racked with ccleaner, along with being pretty decent scubbed ( during scubbing did anything come up???)

yea though i walk through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i tread upon the bones of its forefathers

HUD

ROFL well I am currently partaking in a huge piece of humble pie. It was the just the cable modem. Although this is thoroughly embarassing, at least I figured it out...and I know my comp is very very clean LOL.